Bench Restoration!
This wooden bench is a few years old, and was one of the cheapest too. Made of wood and came stained. It looked really nice when new. Kind of bla but nice. But there might have been only one thin coat of stain on it to begin with. It also had some kind of shiny stuff over the stain, which quickly wore off due to sun, rain, snow, hot, cold, etc. I was waiting for that shiny layer to completely break down so I could stain in in a nice color using a good solid stain. I have used Behr Deckover premium solid stain for years on various projects, such as an Adirondack bench, my chicken buildings, etc. I just love this stuff! It holds up so well! And it looks so nice too! They have a great color selection too! I decided to stain it with the same color as my Adirondack bench, blue spruce, so it would match nicely! Today I applied 2 good coats done on the entire bottom, which I worked on first, flipped upside down. I did the first coat before work, then did the second coat after work....
Comments
Post a Comment