Halloween!


Just enjoyed, what I believe, might have been the best Halloween I’ve ever had; right at the end of our driveway! I think more than half the town came through! Like a parade! Four wheelers, dirt bikes, golf carts, ATVs, tractors; many homemade trailer parade floats! Everyone went all out! Because I was busy handing out candy, I was only able to obtain photos and videos of just a fraction of the action out front! 

Our neighbors out front really went all out! Even had a haunted house! Fire pits too! What a blast! Good times for sure! I drove my Polaris down to the end of the driveway and even had it decorated with a little string of pumpkins! LOL! 

Our town is extremely rural with very few businesses; all small businesses. All we have are 2 little general stores, a pizza shop, pub, liquor store, fireworks store, gun shop, quarry, farms that either sell organic vegetables or chicken eggs, a pet lodge, and a couple of small engine repair shops that work on equipment such as riding mowers. Other businesses also include landscaping and other small home repair as well. Everyone who works at the pizza shop and pub came through! I’m sure people at other businesses likely cabs through as well! Oh, and can’t forget about our volunteer fire department, who showed up with one of the fire trucks! We also have a post office. No police department as we have no police in town. We rely on neighboring towns for police and emergency medical services. We also have an elementary school for K-8 and kids can choose to attend one of 3 high schools in neighboring towns. And we have our town hall. I think I covered most businesses in town! You won’t find any Walmarts or Target here! We only have small businesses here! Hell, we don’t even have a gas station in this town! LOL! 

Our neighbors out front went all out decorating for Halloween wit grave yards, haunted house and a variety of displays! Other neighbors also decorated like crazy but not like Christine and AJ! Wow! Very impressive! It was a tremendous amount of work for the two of them to pull it all together! Here’s their house; the best on the street! 













The haunted house! 









Firepit with our neighbors at the end of our shared driveway! 


And these next photos abs videos are just a small sample of the action on the street from the end of our driveway! I was busy handing out candy all evening but managed to squeeze these in! 










My Halloween paraphernalia! Not much right now but definitely will be adding to my arsenal for next year! We share a driveway with our neighbors and we already discussed a plan to build a huge archway for the end of the driveway that will be lit with lights and other decorations to enhance the scene! I will also be decorating my Polaris with Halloween lights and other decor next year, too! Hoping next year it might be possible for my grandchildren to come down here for Halloween! I’ll drive them up and down the street in the Polaris to go trick or treating! Either way, I’m going to join the parade regardless! I might even decorate our big trailer and attach it to the Polaris! It would make an awesome Halloween parade float! Can’t wait for next year! Going from minimal to extravagant next year! 

I think I’ve had this fake, light up pumpkin for about 30 years now! Still works well and also still looks good! It has held up extremely well! I changed out the light bulb for the first time tonight, too! Not bad! And the pumpkin pails are likely at least 20 years old! In nearly perfect shake still! I used them both tonight to hand out candy! I don’t know if they even make these anymore! I did not see anyone with one of these the entire evening! They used to be so popular! You’d see them e everywhere! I have no idea how old the center pumpkin chain is, but it’s the newest in my collection. Guessing it’s about 10 years old? 






Comments

  1. Wow! Such a nice surprise!!! It looks like you had just as much fun as the kiddies!!! Very cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I sure did, Sis! Thank you! Past halloweens here I had not even decorated! I bought candy, just in case but no kids ever showed. Maybe a couple of kids a couple of years but that would be it. This year I went through 3 large bags of candy and ran out! Guess if the kids don’t come to us due to our extremely long and dark driveway, we can get them all taken care of at the end of the driveway out by the road AND enjoy all of the action while out there, too! So fun!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Too Much Rain!

Deck Work

Christmas Decorating in Progress!