Covered Wagon Lamp


My new covered wagon lamp has arrived! I love it! It’s bigger than the one I had as a child, which makes it even nicer! The cover was absolutely filthy but with some Spray N Wash and a gently scrub brush, some bleach and Tide laundry detergent, it came out perfectly clean! All of the stains and dirt came right out and it looks like new! It’s beautiful!






This is what the cover looked like before I washed it! I knew this when I purchased it as these are actually screen shots of the photos the seller posted of it. 



I figured I would try to clean it or replace the cover. I didn’t think I would be able to get it perfectly clean so I actually bought some fabric to sew a new one for it! I guess I’ll just set it aside in case needed later on! Here are close ups of the clean cover! Immaculate! It’s still a bit damp because I didn’t want to put it in the dryer and have it shrink. I think when it dries it might appear a little less opaque. 



Here is a before and after photo! 

I also repaired the chain around the side barrel using a couple of needle nose pliers. It took me about one minute to remedy this! 


Even though the light works, I decided to rewire it with a modern wiring kit and also decided to downgrade the bulb to a night light sized bulb to reduce the risk of safety electrical issues. The smaller bulb will produce less heat too. 

Before: 


After: 


A little information about the company that made this. They weren’t around for very long! 


But, all of this was so well worth it for what I paid for it! No regrets for sure! I love it! 👍

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too Much Rain!

Deck Work

Christmas Decorating in Progress!