New Washing Machine!


Well, my old washer died late last week! We inherited it when we moved into this house over 6.5 years ago. Have no idea how old it was back then. Hubby attempted to repair it as the drum was barely spinning. About a week before it died, I started noticing that the clothes going into the dryer were a bit wetter than usual, and it progressively grew worse with each load of laundry. Anyway, it turned out that it wasn’t as simple as replacing the old belt or pulley system. It was the transmission itself. Hubby took it apart and there were some loose bolts that he tightened back up again, although he doubted that was going to make it any better. Abs he was right. The drum just wouldn’t spin consistently. It would start to spin and then suddenly stop spinning. And then, during one last load of laundry, we heard a very loud “clunk” and that was it. The transmission had ceased up for good. Hubby thought about ordering a new transmission for it but I said, “No!” He has a difficult time letting things like this go! He just had to fix stuff, even stuff that’s beyond repair! Like the time he tried to repair my 10+ year old George Foreman grill! It would no longer heat up as some kind of transistor, or whatever it was, some electrical part, had died! He was going to order the part and I said, “No!” It was the old type that did not have removable plates anyway, and the plates were in pretty rough shape. I ordered a new one that had removes me plates; and a larger one too! When that one died, I didn’t even tell him! I ordered the exact same model again and hid the old one in the trash and he never even noticed I replaced it! LOL!! 

So, after spending half of the day last Saturday working on the old washer, I told him enough was enough! And we spent a couple of hours on Sunday, researching washing machines and went with a Maytag. When we previously decided to change from an electric dryer to gas dryer, we bought the gas dryer from a local appliance shop. They had good prices and good machines, had an online web store to place the order without having to actually go to the store, and their website also included arrangements for either store pickup up or delivery. We had opted for delivery at the time, which worked out great! Since we had a great experience with this store, we decided to order our new washing machine from them. So on Sunday evening we ordered it online, paid for the machine, delivery and the $29.99 to haul away the old machine. By late Monday morning we were notified of delivery scheduled for Wednesday, with the option to decline if that wasn’t good for us. They sent the information to my email and also texted me. And I confirmed Wednesday was good since I work from home. Shortly after they sent an email and text message to let us know delivery would be between 9:30 and 12:30. This morning they narrowed the time frame to between 9 and 10. And at 9:15, emailed and texted again to say they were about 30 to 45 minutes away from delivery. Sooooo impressive! They arrived at around 9:50, I showed them where it was going, they brought it in, hooked it all up, leveled it and did a test run and demonstration for me. Then took the old washing machine away and were gone in less than a half hour! And I’m now almost caught up on laundry! Yay!! 

So here’s my old washer! 




And my new washer!!! 












We still have the old electric dryer that we used prior to switching to the gas dryer. It still worked great so we didn’t have it hauled away. But it’s taking up unnecessary space. I wanted to sell it on Craig’s list but hubby feels we should save it for a rainy day! LOL!! I guess if the price of LP rises too high, we can always go back to electric if needed! LOL! By the way, I do love my laundry sink, too! Hubby installed it for me about 3 years ago! 



I made this little laundry cart myself when we were living in NH, guessing about 10 years ago or so? 



I also have my handy laundry shelf! 



Laundry in progress!! LOL!! 







And just threw my grandson’s laundry in from his last visit! His gets washed separately in his Babyganics laundry detergent! 




Comments

  1. Whoa! That was a lot of pics! That must have taken you forever! Great post! So glad you got your washing machine situation figured out! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, now that I look back I got rather carried away with these photos! I mean, it’s just a washed!!!!! LOL!! 😜😜😜😜🤣🤣🤣😆😆😆😉😉😉

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Too Much Rain!

Deck Work

Christmas Decorating in Progress!