New Additional WiFi Cam!

Today I replaced the WiFi cam inside the hen condo with a pan tilt WiFi  cam! It works awesome too!! The old cam had only one full view and I couldn’t really see all of my gals. The cam was intended more for open areas, and not a confined area. I could zoom in but lacked the ability to zoom out any further to see all of my hens. And, it had to be mounted to one corner of the hen condo too. So seeing the hens on the far end was very fuzzy. I was able to mount the pan tilt cam in the middle of the long wall and now I can move it around to see all of them! Love it!! 

Security Camera Outdoor,Wansview 1080P Pan-Tilt Surveillance Waterproof WiFi Camera,Night Vision, 2-Way Audio,Motion Detection,SD Card Storage& Cloud Storage and Works with Alexa W9: Pan Tilt WiFi Cam

Here are some photos of different views! 




And a video showing the ability to move it as needed! 

And, of course, I never let anything go to waste! I mounted the WiFi cam that was in the hen condo out in the run in order to capture an area that wasn’t covered by the other two WiFi cams! I can now see the entire area below the hen condo and beyond! I have coverage of probably 90% of the run now between all three WiFi cams! 

Here is the view of the additional cam that came from the hen condo: 

And the other two views with the other two WiFi cams:


When I bought the pan tilt WiFi cam, I tried to buy the same brand as these other three WiFi cams so I could have all of the cams managed in just one app. But this brand does not offer a pan tilt WiFi cam unfortunately. So I had to go with a different brand. Thus, the pan tilt is in a separate app. Just for the heck of it I tried to add it to the existing app that I have for the other three cams but that failed. So I added it to the app as per the manual. Then I tried adding the other three cams to this app after deleting them all from the other app I was using for them. But that failed. So, I added them back to the app as per the manual. Too bad. It would have been nice to be able to view and manage all four WiFi cams from one app. But, at least three of them are in one app! 

Still thrilled to be able to monitor my gals! And at least the pan tilt WiFi cam in its own app is primarily viewed at night when they’re all in there sleeping for the night. During the day, they are primarily out and about in the run area, so the app with my three cams covering the run areas will primarily be used during the day! 



Comments

  1. Hours of entertainment right from the comfort of your own home! Sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I love watching them anytime I can! And the app stores videos throughout the day that I can watch, too! Learning so much about their habits and behaviors! Fun!! Very entertaining!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Too Much Rain!

Deck Work

Christmas Decorating in Progress!