New WiFi Surge Protector

This device is awesome! I can now operate my 2 LED lights and one of the LED bulbs (inside the hen condo) from my phone and set them to turn on and off at specific times, and individually as well! 

Outdoor Smart Plug, Surge Protector, POWRUI Smart Power Strip with 4-Outlet Extender, Remote Control, Timer, Weatherproof for Indoor and Outdoor Use, Compatible with Alexa, Google Assistant and IFTT: WiFi Surge Protector


And the 2 LED lights that I have on numbers one and two outlets for independent operation within the app on my phone. 



And this is the LED bulb that I now have at the top of the hen condo is plugged into outlet number three on the surge protector. 

Onite 20-US24USB3W-WW BBQ-Lantern USB Camping, Also for Garage Warehouse Car Truck Fishing Boat Outdoor Portable LED Bulb, Emergency Light, or Children Bed Lamp, 1 Count (Pack of 1), WarmWhite: LED Bulb


Since it doesn’t come with a power adapter, just a USB, I bought this device, which is also rated for outdoor use! 

Multi-Plug Outlet Extender, SUPERDANNY Power Adapter with 4 Electrical Outlets & 3 USB Ports Extra-Wide Spaced Cube Charger Cruise Ship Approved, Wall Plug Splitter for Home Office Dorm Hotel, White: Power Plugl


Here’s the app! It shows the 4 outlets and each one can be operated separately! Most of the WiFi surge protectors don’t have this capability. They are multi outlet but either all are on or all are off. So that is why I purchased this one. 



I have a new pan tilt WiFi cam being delivered tomorrow for the hen condo so I can see my gals better at night! Plus, unlike my existing WiFi cams, I will be able to listen to them too!

Limited-time deal: Security Camera Outdoor,Wansview 1080P Pan-Tilt Surveillance Waterproof WiFi Camera,Night Vision, 2-Way Audio,Motion Detection,SD Card Storage& Cloud Storage and Works with Alexa W9: Pan Tilt WiFi Cam


So, my plan is to install this pan tilt WiFi cam inside the hen condo and plug it into the outlet that my existing WiFi cam is plugged into. And the existing WiFi cam will be moved over near the feeding station for another great view of the run area. It will be plugged into outlet number four in my WiFi surge protector, and that outlet will always remain powered on. 

I have three of these WiFi cams! The other two are currently in the run area, on each side of the hen condo. The third one inside the hen condo works pretty good. But it’s more intended for larger areas. I just can’t get all fourteen of my hens into view. But it’ll work great as a third camera for the run, for another view out there! 

But these are pretty good WiFi cameras for what I’m using them for. But they don’t have a microphone or speaker. But with the pan tilt WiFi cam, I should be able to hear everything, not just inside the hen condo, but all around it. That’s my goal anyway! 

Zmodo SD-H1080P-Z Outdoor Wireless Security Camera, HD 1080p WiFi Smart Home Surveillance IP Camera: WiFi Cam

Current view of my gals: 

I do have the ability to zoom in with this camera, but I don’t have the ability to zoom out. This is the best view I could get with this camera. I had to place it in the corner at one end to maximize the view. But the hens are blurry at the other end. I can still count fourteen tonight. But sometimes I can’t see them all. I like to do a head count to make sure they’re all inside for the night. So even with this WiFi camera, I still have to run down there to perform a full count. 

I’m going to mount the pan tilt WiFi cam in the top middle of the long wall of the hen condo. Being able to pan abs tilt should allow me to successfully check in on all of them each night! Fingers crossed it’ll do what I need and want it to do! Can’t wait! 

I had WiFi down at the coop but it was not a strong signal. I purchased a WiFi extender and it’s working great! I have a nice strong, fast signal there now! Having WiFi capability is awesome! Wish I had done this years ago! So much fun! 

Comments

  1. Very smart idea! Being outdoors, exposed to the elements, creates a real heightened risk for a surge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn’t realize they had surge protectors that had WiFi capabilities like this one has! It’s so awesome to be able to control all 4 outlets separately from my iPhone! Love it! 👍

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Too Much Rain!

Deck Work

Christmas Decorating in Progress!