Love My Motorcycle!


A couple of weeks ago I pulled my motorcycle out of the shed to get it ready for the season! It sure was filthy! I gave it a good wash and it looks so much better now! Not bad for a 15 year old bike! It’s a 2008 Yamaha V-Star 1100! Despite his age, Ole Red still looks pretty good! And still runs good too! He is now in the shop for an oil change and tune up, as well as anything else my repair guy finds wrong. He’ll check it thoroughly to ensure it’s running well in order to reduce the risk of breaking down, as well as running safe, such as checking the break system to be sure none of the components are worn. 

But before I dropped it off at the shop, I did manage to squeeze in a good day of riding after cleaning it up! I did over 100 miles that day! It was awesome! 

AND, Hubby bought me some new Cobra slabs cut exhaust pipes for my repair guy to install! A few adjustments will need to be made to the carburetors and air system with these new pipes added. They will be louder than my stock pipes too! Which is good, so people can hear me better too! Motorcycles are more difficult to see than cars so the added noise can help drivers know I’m there, which can sometimes help to avoid getting hit. Areas where there is more than two lanes, or merges are probably the most beneficial when it comes to being heard, and as a result, seen! 

Here’s my motorcycle before sending it to the shop! I still have a little oxidation on the chrome but once it’s back from the shop, I’ll treat it with some good chrome polish that removes oxidation. maximizes the shine, and protects the chrome well. 













Here I am after my awesome ride before it went into the shop! 


These are the new pipes that are being added to my bike! 

Cobra Pipes

And this is an example of what they’ll sound like!

Yamaha v star 1100 cobra slash cut exhaust sound

Can’t wait for my next ride to test them out! I wish I had a video of what my bike sounds like with the stock pipes for comparison! 

I came across this video while searching, unsuccessfully, for a video that shows the sound of a 2008 V-star 1100 with the original stock pipes. 

V-Star 1100 Review

Cool!! 👍








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too Much Rain!

Deck Work

Christmas Decorating in Progress!