This wooden bench is a few years old, and was one of the cheapest too. Made of wood and came stained. It looked really nice when new. Kind of bla but nice. But there might have been only one thin coat of stain on it to begin with. It also had some kind of shiny stuff over the stain, which quickly wore off due to sun, rain, snow, hot, cold, etc. I was waiting for that shiny layer to completely break down so I could stain in in a nice color using a good solid stain. I have used Behr Deckover premium solid stain for years on various projects, such as an Adirondack bench, my chicken buildings, etc. I just love this stuff! It holds up so well! And it looks so nice too! They have a great color selection too! I decided to stain it with the same color as my Adirondack bench, blue spruce, so it would match nicely! Today I applied 2 good coats done on the entire bottom, which I worked on first, flipped upside down. I did the first coat before work, then did the second coat after work....
All done with my annual summer upgrades, that is, unless another idea pops into my head, LOL!! I purchased four new candle-holding lanterns to replace my old ones! For candles to be placed inside each lantern, I purchased two sets of six each LED rechargeable tea light candles that operate with a remote control device. I placed three candles in each of the four lanterns. My four old lanterns were over ten years old! The paint was pealing off of them and they all had developed a significant amount of rust. I decided to go with galvanized for the new ones, instead of black paint, as I believe they may last longer. The old lanterns, along with the LED candles I had inside each lantern (haven’t worked in years) were brought to the transfer station and disposed of! GONE!! Lanterns these days are far more than I paid for these old ones! I believe I paid under $10 per lantern about ten years ago. The new ones I just purchased were just under $25 each, which is a great deal th...
Oh my............ that's wild!!! This is awesome!!! : )
ReplyDeleteLOL!! I don’t do it often but once in a while it’s kind of fun! 😆😆😆😆
Delete