WiFi Camera Upgrade!


So excited about my upgrade! I had a pan tilt WiFi camera, Wansview brand, in the hen condo with two-way sound, and three stationary WiFi cameras, Zmodo brand, covering the run areas that had no sound at all. I changed out the three stationary cameras with three of the same Wansview pan tilt WiFi camera that I have in the hen condo! Now I have great coverage of the run areas too! And I can hear the hens, and if I want to talk to them I can talk through any of the cameras! Not that I plan to do it often, LOL!! But if I have a pissed off hen who’s squawking like mad, I can tell her to knock it off! Or, if there’s a predator that I can see outside the run, trying to get in, I can make some loud human noises to scare it off! 

What’s nice about having one brand for all four WiFi cameras is the ability to monitor all four in one app, the Wansview app! I can use my iPad for a larger view! But I can view all four at any time on my iPhone too! 

This is a screen shot of four-camera view. But I can watch all four cameras live in this view! 

And here is a video of live viewing of all four cameras! 

Some examples of the pan tilt views on each WiFi camera! This camera is named, “RUN.”

Another example of the “RUN” camera! 


And here is the camera named, “FEEDING STATION.” 


And here is the camera named, CHICKEN HOUSES.”


And here is the original pan tilt WiFi camera named, “HEN CONDO.” 


The other night I saw on the FEEDING STATION camera, a rat hanging out! It had been a while since I last emptied the feed catch bin below the feeders. When I pulled it out to empty it out, it was pretty full! But it wasn’t so full that the feed had gone past the hardware mesh cover. BUT, somehow a bunch of feed had gotten behind the feed catch bin and there was a fair amount of feed there. Enough for the rat to feast on for sure! So after I emptied the feed catch basin and cleaned up every last morsel of feed under the feeders, I decided to revamp the positioning of the feed catch basin. I divided it needed to go further under the feeders to prevent feed from spilling beyond the feed catch basin, which meant adjusting the heights of both feeders, and adjusting the pads on each feeder as well, to lower them slightly. If it works well, I will make some minor revisions to make it work permanently! The feeders are rat proof feeders so the majority of the feed is protected from rats. But chickens are messy eaters so all you can do is have a catch basin that’s metal, with a metal cover with metal hardware mesh. As the hens eat, any feed that is dropped goes through the hardware mesh and into the bin. Rats can’t get the feed inside the bin because everything is metal and they can’t chew through it to get at the feed inside. I just repositioned the bin so it would capture more spilled feed than it has been catching. 

Anyway, here’s the video I captured that prompted the need for the clean up and revision! 


Now my stationary WiFi cameras are not going to waste. They are being used as security cameras around my home! So far I have installed two of them. One is up on my balcony and the other one is installed onto one of the sheds for a full view of that area and the back of the house. Just waiting for Hubby to install an outlet onto the lamp post out front for installing camera number three! 

Here’s security camera number one installed! Just a photo of the view! 


I can also zoom in as well! 


And security camera number two by the sheds! 


I’ll post the view from camera number three once it has been installed. Not sure how long it will take for Hubby to add the outlet to the lamp post. I had to order one, which will be delivered tomorrow. But once power is all set there, it won’t take long to get camera number three up and running!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too Much Rain!

Deck Work

Christmas Decorating in Progress!