New Additions to My Curio


We spent a great deal of time this weekend going through my aunt’s belongings. It was a lot of work and still more work to do but the bulk of it is done! My aunt downsized her living arrangement a few months ago and doesn’t have the space for everything anymore. She wanted me to have most of it! 

My favorite is the Irish Belleek! Two beautiful vases, a tea set and a little basket! So dainty and so fine! They all survived the move! I guess I did a great job packing these! No cracks or chips! In perfect condition! They were a bit dirty but I was able to get them clean! They look like new again! 





I love this nativity set with shamrocks! Beautiful! 


And this statue of the Blessed Mother with shamrocks! It has a music box in the base that plays Ave Maria. It works as well as when it was brand new!

And I was totally surprised by this next one! It’s actually a Hummel! Beautiful! 

Most of these are Hummels as well! Adorable! 






I really love this! Very pretty! 


The Lenox is so pretty too! Includes two Lenox candle sticks! 




Lead crystal cut glass! So beautiful! I already have so much of this between my husband’s grandparents and gifts from Hubby for our fifth, tenth, fifteenth, twentieth, twenty fifth and thirtieth wedding anniversaries! And a few pieces that I found at yard sales for under $5! So these make nice additions to my collection! They’re just so beautiful! I had a basket made of cut glass that was given to me by my grandmother when I was Christened but my dysfunctional parents wouldn’t let me have my basket when I left home. It saddened me for a while but my current collection more than makes up for it now, which includes these two baskets! One is  smaller than the one I had but the other one is larger and very comparable! I really love both of them, especially the large basket! 

Small basket: 


Large basket: 








New additions to my huge collection! 












And here is the rest of the lead crystal cut glass items I’ve had in my curio for years! 

My favorite is the Tiffany bowl my Hubby bought me for our fifth anniversary! 

And other pieces of lead crystal cut glass! 




I like this green one too! Unique! 

And some other pieces I’ve had for a while that I enjoy that aren’t cut glass!


And some very pretty odds and ends have also been added to my curio! 











And a China set! Beautiful! I already have a set of China so I am offering this set to my sister! I’m sure she’ll love it! 



My aunt previously gave me jewelry that belonged to my grandmother, including her engagement ring, an opal ring and her watches. My aunt wants me to give my granddaughter the engagement ring when she’s old enough. She’s only 3.5 months old now so we have a ways to go before she inherits it! It’s so beautiful and has shamrocks in the setting! Very unique! I told my son and his wife about it and also sent them a photo of my grandmother and great grandmother! Amazing that my little granddaughter will inherit her double great grandmother’s engagement ring! And she’ll have this photo so she can see what her double great grandmother looked like, as well as her triple great grandmother! So cool! 

My grandmother and great grandmother! 

My grandmother’s engagement ring! 









My grandmother’s opal ring! 


And I now have my baby photo, as well as many other photos! My grandson says, “That’s Baby GiGi!” LOL!!! 


We also brought home the remaining furniture from storage. this beautiful rocking chair looks great in our living room! 


The remaining furniture is in our basement and will be cleaned up, polished and brought upstairs once I do a little rearranging to accommodate it! 




My curio! 

The rest of my lead crystal cut glass in my China cabinet as well as a view of part of my China set! 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too Much Rain!

Deck Work

Christmas Decorating in Progress!