Reorg Project!


I just reorganized two of my kitchen cabinets. We had soooooo many coffee mugs! Waaaay tooooo many! LOL! Got rid of at least half of them! I decided to move the coffee mugs from the right cabinet to the left where the glasses were and place the glasses where the mugs were. The glasses were rather crowded there and I couldn’t fit my entire set of glasses. A few were scattered about in other cabinets throughout the kitchen. It bugged the hell out of me! 

Now all of my glasses fit nicely in one cabinet and the mugs and small bowls that were mixed in with the mugs fit into the other cabinet. And my small bowls really belong in that cabinet as they are now right next to the other bowls that are medium and large sized! 

We had previously broken two of the large “highball” glasses and I was able to locate replacements for them on eBay! Thrilled! They will be here on Monday and will fit beautifully when they arrive! I’ll be back to the full set of 8 of these plus the 8 smaller “whiskey” and the 8 goblet glasses! There are also two shot glasses that really don’t go with the glassware set but they fit in pretty nicely. 

     Addendum: The two “highball” replacement glasses arrived much earlier than anticipated! They arrived today, Thursday instead of next Monday! Collection complete! 

Unfortunately I didn’t think to take before and after photos but these two cabinets were shamefully messy! So happy with the results! On the right second shelf there are some standard glasses to the left of the goblets. These obviously don’t go with this set and they’re just cheap Dollar Store glasses I bought about twenty years ago! Those suckers are super thick and they are HUGE! They hold a lot of beverage! LOL! I am still very attached to these! When my son comes to visit he uses these to make huge glasses of chocolate milk for the two of us while I cook! It has become sort of a tradition! 

Furthermore, I have a confession to make. This entire glass set was also purchased about twenty years ago at the Dollar Store! Sold individually for $1 each! The two shot glasses were also $1 each but they only had two left at the time. But, who needs a set of 8 shot glasses anyway, right? Anyway, I paid $24 for the 8 goblets, 8 “highball” glasses and 8 “whiskey” glasses! Never thought much about it as these are just glass. THICK! But not crystal. However, the other day I found out that these glasses, etched with “Libbey USA” on the bottoms are worth A LOT more than what I paid for them!  And who doesn’t love products that are 🇺🇸USA🇺🇸 made, right? 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸


Just some examples!





Here they are! So organized! Love it! 👍





Comments

  1. Very nice and so organized! I can't believe what you got from the Dollar Store so many years ago! I have some Dollar Store dishware mixed in with my Pioneer Woman dishes and you'd never be able to tell the difference! -Gotta love a great deal when you come across one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I used to find some good stuff at the Dollar Store in NH back then! Got some great deals at that store!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Too Much Rain!

Deck Work

Christmas Decorating in Progress!