Freezing Morning; Heat Lamp On!


 Got up this morning and saw that the temperature outside was 29 degrees. Went to see if my heat lamp triggered on with the new temperature probe system and it did! Success! 

Bought this on Amazon and hoping it lasts for a while! 

DIGITEN DTC101 Digital Temperature Controller Greenhouse Thermostat Outlet Plug for Heater Heat Mat Thermostat Aquarium Temperature Controller Heating Cooling Mode for Reptiles Incubation Homebrewing

Amazon Digital Temp Control


One of my hens is enjoying the warmth right now! I’m sure when they were all in for the night, they all enjoyed sleeping with some added warmth! Right now, the rest of the hens are out eating, drinking water, and laying eggs in the nesting box! 



Comments

  1. I just had to remind myself that we have no chickens going into the winter this year. I would feel pretty guilty if I had. Yours have much better accommodations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are a lot of people who don’t use heat lamps in the winter! Even in Alaska where it gets down to minus 40 or less! But I have had chickens get frostbite on the tips of their crowns when it gets down 10 degrees or less; and as cold as minus 10!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Too Much Rain!

Deck Work

Christmas Decorating in Progress!