Happy Hens!

 

My hens absolutely love the hen condo! They’re really liking the addition of the 4th window too! They all get a window seat now! I’ll be closing the shutters tonight! It’s going to be a chilly night! Last night the heat lamp turned on when the temp dropped below 32 and kept them above freezing. It turned off once the temperature rose for the day. 

Here they are enjoying their nighttime rest! Long nights now that it’s November! But my 2 LED lights come on at 4 am, and most of them get up yo eat, drink water and lay eggs when they do, even though it’s dark out! 








Temperature has now dropped below freezing tonight. Heat lamp has triggered on to keep my gals at or above freezing. It will automatically turn off when the temperature reaches 33 degrees and will turn on when the temperature drops down to 31 degrees, using this device: 

DIGITEN DTC101 Digital Temperature Controller Greenhouse Thermostat Outlet Plug for Heater Heat Mat Thermostat Aquarium Temperature Controller Heating Cooling Mode for Reptiles Incubation Homebrewing 

Temperature Controller




I have this other device on the way; will arrive tomorrow. Hoping it works well! Just a way to ensure that everything is working as it should be. I can set alarms using the app to notify me if it gets too warm, or too cold. If the device fails to turn off the heat lamp and it starts to get too warm, it will alarm me to let me know. Or if it fails to turn on the heat lamp, or the heat lamp bulb stops working, it will alarm me. I’m mostly concerned about them getting too warm, or too hot. 

Govee WiFi Hygrometer Thermometer, Wireless Temperature Humidity Sensor with App Alerts, for Greenhouse, Basement, Pets, Garage, 1 Sensor and 1 Gateway (Supports 2.4G WiFi)

Comments

  1. Some people don't have such good accommodations! You treat them very well and they should be producing plenty of eggs in lieu of rent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they are paying well, too, even though it’s winter! Getting 10-12 eggs on average each day out of the 14 of them! 👍

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Too Much Rain!

Deck Work

Christmas Decorating in Progress!