Lighting In Chicken Run


Just finished adding a new light to the chicken run! I already had one LED light in there but since I built the hen condo, it blocks the light from shining on the opposite side. So I added another LED light, similar to my other one, to light up that side of the run as well! Both lights have power cords so they’re plugged into a timer, set to turn on at 4 am and turn off at 7 am to supply additional morning light to the short winter days. 

The new light! 




The other older LED light, which remains in use with the new one too. 


Also replaced a broken solar LED light with a new one! These are motion activated so if I approach the chicken coop, it lights up the area for me. I have at least one on each side of the run, 3 along the front and 2 on the side where my feeders and water are. I’m sure these also help protect from predators because if something approaches, a light or lights will trigger and turn on. I’m sure that would make a predator hesitate to stay! Here’s the new one! All of the rest are in good working order for the time being! 


And of my 4 solar-charged predator guard lights, only 2 were still working. Bought a 4-pack and installed those, removed the 2 old broken ones, and just left the 2 old ones where they were until they no longer work. Each one has 2 LED lights that flash red all night to keep predators away. 

New ones! 





And the 2 remaining old ones! 







Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Too Much Rain!

Deck Work

Christmas Decorating in Progress!