Franny Bird Watching!


My cat may be 14 but she’s still pretty spunky and thinks she’s still a young gal! She still enjoys some hunting and occasionally leaves a bird or mouse by the front door for us! In her younger years, this was almost a daily occurrence, and she brought home all kinds of animals: Birds, mice, moles, chipmunks, red squirrels, gray squirrels, and she even managed to catch a couple of flying squirrels in her lifetime! Don’t ask me how she managed the flying squirrels! I can only imagine! She has also been known to hang out with certain non-predatorily wildlife that she was incapable of hunting, such as wild turkeys and deer! She’s certainly a special ole gal! 

Today I finally managed to snap a photo of her stocking a bird in my outdoor window bird feeder from inside my office here at home! My sister gave me this window bird feeder a little over a year ago for Christmas! I just LOVE it! 

It has been a challenge to get a photo of Franny stalking the birds with the bird actually present in the feeder, since she usually scares them away the moment she arrives, or, because raising the phone to take a photo scares the bird away! Well, success was on my side today! This is as good as it gets! 

Comments

  1. Well, I am so glad that Franny seems to like it almost as much as you do! It's pretty cool!!! I just might have to get one myself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, definitely! These birds keep me company as I work all day! LOL! And if they run out of food, they let me know! They will fly up to and gently knock on the window with their bodies!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Too Much Rain!

Deck Work

Christmas Decorating in Progress!