Replaced LED Light in Run


The older of my two electric LED lights stopped working the other day. No idea why. It had been working great and suddenly wouldn’t turn on again. Maybe a fuse inside the light blew out? Not sure. I can’t recall how long I’ve had it for. Possibly 4 years now, if not more? 

So I quickly ordered a new one (only $21.99) instead of waiting 3+ months, or never, for Hubby to “play” with the broken one to try to repair it! LOL! If he can eventually get it working again, we have plenty of other uses for it! You can never have too much outdoor lighting at night! 

I ordered the same one as my newer electric LED light. The newer one is slightly different then the older one. The newer one has a switch built into the cord and the old one doesn’t. Otherwise, the two lights are nearly identical. 

Amazon; LED Light

My gals love it when the lights turn on at 5 am, even in the summer months! I used to use them only in the winter months; however, since installing my WiFi cameras, I can now see that they start getting really antsy in the hen condo around 4 am! If the lights don’t come on at 5 am like they do in the winter, they get pissed! In fact, they finally started leaving the hen condo at around 5 am despite the darkness! So I went back to having the lights turn on at 5 am again. It’s easy enough with my outdoor smart plug! I can set as many schedules as I want for on and off times, and each port operates separately too! Many smart plugs with more than one port don’t operate independently! So it’s great that I can operate each light separately! I have one in all of the time for my four WiFi cameras. If one of the cameras goes offline, I just use my phone to turn it off, which cuts power to the WiFi cameras, wait a few seconds, then turn it back on…Camera(s) reset, reconnect and start working again! I used to have to run down there to manually unplug and then plug back in the camera(s) that were offline. Which sucks after dark, or during frigid temps, or when it’s raining or snowing! Now I can reset them using my phone! And what’s nice is, I can reset them no matter where I am! I don’t have to be home to reset them! Which is great when away on vacation! I can check in on my gals and if a camera is offline, I can just reset it by powering it off, then back on using my smart plug phone app! Modern technology just keeps getting better and better all of the time! Truly amazing! 

Amazon; Outdoor Smart Plug

Anyway, one of my WiFi cams captured parts of the removal of the old LED light, and installation and testing of the new LED light. Thought I’d share! 

Comments

  1. Very cool Sis! I couldn’t comment from my blog account since I’m commenting from my phone 😉👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sis!! Me too! Commenting from my phone so I couldn’t log into my blog account to comment!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Too Much Rain!

Deck Work

Christmas Decorating in Progress!