Picnic Table Refurb Update!


Finally had the opportunity to apply the first coat of stain on the top surfaces of the picnic table! It’s coming along great! In my previous blogs I wrote about the two coats applied on the bottom and side surfaces last week, when the picnic table was upside down. 

One more coat to go on the top surfaces! The first coat is always more difficult than the second coat. It shouldn’t take much time to get the second coat applied! Nearly complete! 

It has been a bit rainy this week but the canopy has kept it very dry for me! So glad I set it up for this project! 

Anyway, photos of first coat on the top surfaces! One more coat to go! Yay! 


Previous photos of the project for comparison! 



Two of the legs were replaced with pressure-treated wood! They were pretty rotted at the bases! 



Old legs! 


Two coats on the bottom and side surfaces completed and drying! 



A couple of weeks ago I stained my wooden bench with this same stain, Behr deckover premium solid stain in blue spruce! Love this color! 







This is what it looked like before! 



I have an Adirondack bench that I stained with this same stain and color about 10 years ago! It has held up so well, too! But it needs a little refresher and there are some small nicks on the arm rests and a couple of other places from moving it around. We put it in the basement in the wintertime and we moved back in 2015 so it likely got a couple of the small nicks from this, too. I’ll do this once I finish the second coat on the picnic table! 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too Much Rain!

Deck Work

Christmas Decorating in Progress!