Refurbishing Old Picnic Table!


We were going to toss this old picnic table but when we took a closer look at it, it’s still in fair condition. Too good to toss out anyway. I’m not going nuts with the refurb on this but scraped off whatever paint I could scrape off. Hubby helped me replace two of the legs because they were pretty rotted at the bases. The other two were ok. We didn’t want to put in too much money in this project. Might get another 5 years out of it, possibly more! 

I set up a canopy over the work area, our cement pad that we just cleaned up. And laid out a disposable plastic drop cloth under it. I figured if it rains, it will stay dry while the project is in progress. And I can even do some work to it even if we’re getting some mild rain showers on and off, like today. 

So far, I have finished the first coat on the entire bottom surfaces and side surfaces! The most difficult stage is done! Most of the picnic table has a first coat on it! Just the upper surfaces remain! Using Behr deckover premium solid stain, blue spruce! I have used this product many times and it’s a great stain to use! It covers surfaces well and blends nicely! So easy to work with too! And it always looks great when done, and holds up so well! 

Anyway, here’s the progress so far! 




 New legs! 




The old legs! 


My work area! 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too Much Rain!

Deck Work

Christmas Decorating in Progress!