My New Hummel is Here!


My new Hummel just arrived! It’s perfect! No chips or cracks! The label and all markings are intact as expected! So excited about this purchase! I love it! 

I paid $65.55 after tax and shipping; and won it with the highest, and only bid of $49.99! I believe this Hummel is likely worth at least $100 based on my research on this piece. There are some that are newer; 1980’s, selling in the $90 to lower $100 range. Mine is from 1972, which will have a better value than the newer ones. 

Well, here it is! Yay!!!! All mine!! 








I previously compared my Hummel to the most expensive one on eBay that was selling for $275! I’m not really sure what the difference is between the two except for the signature and number. Mine still has an intact label, and I didn’t see any label on the more expensive one! At $275, I’m not sure but I think I should possibly expect a Hummel to include the COA and/or the original box, or at least have an intact label, but this was not the case. I could be entirely wrong too. My knowledge of Hummels is limited and I’m not in it to make a profit. I just enjoy them. My Hummel may not include the COA or the original box but it does have an intact label. As far as I’m concerned, it’s fun just thinking I likely got a great deal! πŸ‘

Here is the one that was selling for $275. It, too is from 1972. My Hummel and this Hummel both have #376 inscribed. But the signature as well as the number with the signature are different. I know different artists hand painted these, as is the norm. But it also looks like the number on this most expensive Hummel is a zero, whereas mine has the number 88. So I wonder if the lower the number is, the more valuable it is? And I also wonder if maybe some artists contribute to a higher value as well? 

I couldn’t see any label on the one for $275, which my Hummel has: 



Here’s one that was going for $229 that had an intact label but also had no COA or original box. It is also #376 and from 1972, just like my Hummel and the most expensive Hummel, above. I’m not sure but I’m wondering if my Hummel, which the artist painted the number 88 on, is worth more since this Hummel has number 97 painted on it? And is the price on this $229 Hummel close to its actual value? I can’t help but wonder if my Hummel could potentially be worth over $200, more than double what I paid for it? I’ll have to research it at some point! It would be interesting to find out what mine is truly worth! I believe, at the very least, it might be worth at least $100. 


This one was going for $129.50. It still had an intact label, no COA or original box, and was from 1983 and not 1972, like my Hummel:


This one was going for $119.95. The bottom had a Caribbean logo on it. No COA or original box but did have an intact label. Also 1972 and #376. 


As mentioned above, I saw others from the 1980’s going for at least $90’s range; most were in the low $100’s. The more I looked the more I believed that $49.99 was a great deal for my Hummel! I believe that even at $65.55 after shipping and tax, this was a great deal! 

Even if it’s not a great deal, I’m not looking to profit off of the Hummels I have been purchasing lately. I am not interested in spending more than $50-$60 on a Hummel! Most of my other recent purchases were under $20! These are more for my enjoyment, especially the nurse Hummels, since I am a Registered Nurse of 31 years! Also something that I can eventually pass on to my daughter-in-law, who is a Nurse Practitioner! I’m sure she will one day enjoy these as much as I do now!

Here is the auction with only minutes to go! I was thrilled to be the only bidder at that point and to be winning it at the starting price for the bid! Very exciting!! Even more exciting when that 7.5 minutes was up and I won it! πŸ˜‰πŸ‘



Comments

  1. It looks to me as though you found yourself one hell of an amazing deal! It's beautiful -regardless of value! You must be positively over the moon due to your winning bid! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. TY, Sis!!!! I am thrilled! Love it!! πŸ‘πŸ’•❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Too Much Rain!

Deck Work

Christmas Decorating in Progress!