Lighting for Party Area!


So excited about ordering solar lighting for the new party area! I really wanted the solar string lights but electricity isn’t an option that far away, especially with our septic system between the available power source and woods. I could have run an extension cord down there but it’s over 100 feet! First, 100+ foot extension cords aren’t cheap! Second, i can’t leave the extension cord out all summer. The lawn does need to be mowed of course! And I didn’t want to deal with having to plan ahead so I could run over 100 feet of extension cord before it gets dark, only to have to pack it all back up again the next day! And you know how things go! Unless I had some big event planned, I probably wouldn’t bother with the extension cord so the string lights would end up not getting used and would go to waste. 

There are solar string lights too but the cost for 100 feet of solar lights far exceeds the cost of 200 feet of electrical string lights. I wanted the LED, shatterproof bulbs. And you know how solar goes. Over time the panels get fried, the rechargeable batteries need to be replaced, and the new batteries just never seem to be as good as the original batteries for some reason. The bulbs would likely outlast the solar panel and battery. 

Anyway, went with something like plan Z and ordered 2 sets of pathway solar lights for, hopefully, plenty of lighting! Did lots of research before committing to this purchase too! When it comes to solar stuff, research is needed in order to get the biggest bang for the buck! Most of the time I don’t regret my purchase after extensive research. But it doesn’t guarantee a good purchase either. So, hoping this is one of those times I’m super satisfied with my purchase, especially since I committed to 2 packs of these solar lights! I’m confident they will work as anticipated, and they appear durable. Hoping to get at least 3 seasons out of these if I bring them inside for the winters. Fingers crossed! They’ll be here by the end of the week, on Friday! 

Solar Lights



Comments

  1. Sweet! I still have 2 brand new boxes of large solar lights for around the pool myself! We don't have the fence yet and we had to kind of stop everything for the time-being! Those are going to look fabulous out there! Way to go Sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sis! When you get your solar lights set up, send me a pic! I’d LOVE to see them! I bet they’ll be beautiful at night!
    Commenting from my phone so I couldn’t log in to comment!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Too Much Rain!

Deck Work

Christmas Decorating in Progress!