New Toddler Bed!


My grandson is just about 2 1/2 years old and just moved from crib to toddler bed at home, and can now have a toddler pillow and toddler blanket when he sleeps. So, I bought this new toddler bed to use when he comes here for visits. 

I searched for one that would be ideal for grandparents. 

First, it was only about $51, without the mattress, so the price was perfect! It uses a crib mattress so I used the one from the crib that I have had for him all along. 

Second, if I take the crib mattress off of it, the bed frame is so easy to move from one location to another. I think the crib mattress weigHs more than the bed frame, which is so light, and sturdy, for carrying it to other bedrooms, as needed. I can move it myself without any issues! I am calling this toddler bed the “GiGi” edition! LOL! 

I’ll need to get another crib mattress for the crib at some point for my granddaughter, who will be arriving in 4 months! I can’t wait to meet her! During visits with us, she’ll sleep in the pack ‘n play, in the infant height setting, in our bedroom until she’s a few months old. So I won’t need the crib mattress until she’s just about ready to be in the other bedroom in the crib. 

Well, here’s the “GiGi” edition toddler bed! My grandson will be here for a visit for Labor Day weekend. Can’t wait for him to sleep in it! I need to find a couple of pillow cases for his toddler pillow to match both bedding sets! LOL! 






Addendum: I wasn’t able to find toddler pillowcases that have the Marvel heroes for the bedding set shown in the first two photos, above; or toddler pillowcases in a Woodland theme for the bedding set shown in the last three photos, above. Toddler pillowcases are rather generic. Maybe someday there will be more variety. So I had to settle for plain blue, as shown below, which will coordinate well with both bedding sets. These will definitely look better than the toddler pillowcases I have now! They will be delivered this Friday so I’ll have them well in advance for my grandson’s Labor Day weekend visit! Can’t wait! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too Much Rain!

Deck Work

Christmas Decorating in Progress!