Campfire Pit Area Nearly Complete!


My Hubby bought me new patio furniture for our deck for our Anniversary so that freed up my old patio furniture to use in the campfire pit area! I had 2 metal tables that matched, each with four metal chairs, plus matching seat cushions for all 8 chairs. I’m selling the older table set with 4 chairs, about 10 years old, and the seat cushions for that set; and keeping the newer set that is in better condition, about 6 years old. Both sets are in good condition with hardly any rust. We repainted them all a couple of years ago. I have 3 deck boxes to store seat cushions in. Two were being used on the deck to store the cushions, and will remain on the deck to store all of the new cushions. I also had a deck box down by the carport to store thinks like windshield wiper fluid, oil, extra trailer hitches, etc. I cleared out that deck box and put everything away elsewhere and washed it well. That one is now in the campfire pit area for storing the seat cushions for the chairs there. I also needed a new home for my metal bench that was also on the deck. I also have a hammock that was upstairs on my balcony off the master bedroom which took up too much space. So I decided to move it to the campfire pit area! I also had an old tiki torch in the shed that I had not used in a while and decided to put it to use there, too!

I still need to put another row of rocks next to the row that is there and I need to remove all of the tiny rocks as they look rather messy. Then I’ll put one more row on top of the 2 bottom rows on order to raise the rock wall a bit more for safety. The top row will straddle the 2 bottom rows. I have a couple more trees that need to be cut down as they’re slightly too close to the camp fire pit. They’re actually borderline but when it comes to campfires, I’m not taking any chances. I have access to water from the nearby veggie garden. I have a line that runs underground from the house to the garden. I have a couple of extra 100-foot hoses that I can use to run from the garden to the campfire area for safety as well. I always keep a bucket of water available whenever I have a campfire, just in case, which we use to put out the fire when we’re done. Then we spray the area with lots of water using the hose to be sure the fire is completely extinguished. 

At some point, before next summer, I plan to create a good spot to pitch a tent so we can go camping in the fire pit area next summer. He was a bit too young this year, 2 years old. But I think he’ll be the perfect age next summer for some camping! We have a large tent that accommodates a queen-sized air mattress and 2 dog beds for our 2 Labrador Retrievers. So I need to clear a large enough area so it’s level and free of roots and rocks. Once the area is prepped just right, I’ll add a good layer of corse sand. I can hardly wait for next summer when we take our grandson camping there! Hopefully he’ll want to anyway! LOL! But what kid doesn’t want to go camping! We’ll bring our grill, camping stove, cooler filled with food and beverages, etc! I’ll need to get a small air mattress and sleeping bag for the little guy, too! 

Well, here it is now! 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too Much Rain!

Deck Work

Christmas Decorating in Progress!