Campfire Pit Updates


Made HUGE progress this morning! Finished digging out the area and removed all root systems! Even started filling the area with sand! I got up at 5:30 and got nearly 2 hours in! I’m guessing it might be done tomorrow or the day after, just in time for the weekend! It’s times like these I wish I had the day off at work! Just need to pile in more sand and then start the rock wall! 

There is one big boulder that couldn’t be removed but it’ll just be incorporated into the rock wall surrounding the fire pit! 


Pile of roots that were removed before adding sand! Gone! LOL! 


Update! 

Made great progress after work today! I edged the border all the way around the area and added more sand! It’s now useable, but I still want to build it up a bit more by adding another layer of rocks. Good enough for now! I likely won’t get to it until next week since my grandson is coming for the weekend tomorrow night, and my son and his wife are coming Saturday to stay the night. A little break will do me some good anyway! 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Too Much Rain!

Deck Work

Christmas Decorating in Progress!