Campfire Pit Progress!


So excited to be at the point where I can start making the campfire pit! Last night I measured between two remaining trees to be sure it would end up central to those trees closest. I marked the centerline with a 1x2” piece of lumbar, and hammered it into place. I measured our fire pit in the back yard to get an idea of the size so I did a rough estimate of the diameter and measured around the 1x2 to be sure it was far enough from the trail.

It felt great to see that 1x2 marking the center of my upcoming fire pit! It took a lot of work and sweat to get to the point of being ready for it! 




This next one is a view facing the trail and the open area beyond the trail is where the huge brush pile and shavings from the chicken coop used to be! 


This morning I broke ground before work! So exciting! 


And this evening I managed to get a little work done on it! Getting there! Unfortunately the sun was hitting the area so the photos aren’t the greatest. 



The pile of removed roots is growing fast! 


I also have pulled out many rocks of all sizes so far! Most will work beautifully for the walls of the fire pit! I’m not even half way through with the prep work to ensure all of the roots are gone! At this rate, I’m likely not going to need to fetch many rocks from the trails for this project! I can’t help but wonder if someone once had a campfire out here at some point in the past! It’s just amazing how many rocks are in this one location so far! I’ve been doing lots of digging around the trails to dig out rocks, stumps and boulders and have not encountered this many rocks in an area this size anywhere else on our wooded section of property! Or, maybe at some point someone buried rocks here. Probably more likely buried rocks. But I’ll take them! Much easier than having to collect rocks from all over the property! LOL!! 





Comments

  1. That's a great idea! You should go camping in your yard when it's finished! Why not?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I definitely want to go camping there! I actually got the idea to create this area from my neighbors who have an area just like this out back! Might go camping in the fall when it cools off. It’s just too hot and humid right now! I like my AC too much, LOL! I’d be having major hot flashes all night if I tried it now! I’d end up back inside with the AC by midnight! LOL! Next summer I definitely plan to camp out with my grandson! He’s too young this year at just over 2, but next year he will likely do well with it! Can’t wait!
    Commenting from my phone so I couldn’t log in to comment!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Too Much Rain!

Deck Work

Christmas Decorating in Progress!