Collections Update!


I have added the following Hummels to my Hummels collection. These first seven were added to my curio: 







And these two Hummels were added to my hutch: 


There is one more nurse Hummel that I really, really want and definitely plan to purchase! This one is far more costly than all of the others, which were all under $25 including shipping! I’m watching one on eBay that is only available at auction with about 2 days left to go. My goal is to bid on it at the very end and try to win this for the least amount possible! There are no bids at this time. All of the others I have seen are selling for $80+. Before I bid I’ll do a final search to be sure there aren’t any new ones posted for less, which is doubtful. If I can win this for around $50, that’ll be a great deal for this Hummel! 


Here is the most expensive one on eBay! I realize there are likely differences based on the Hummel-assigned number and when they were casted and painted and all of that. But I’m not interested in spending more than $50-$60 on a Hummel! These are more for my enjoyment and just something to eventually pass on to my daughter-in-law, who is a Nurse Practitioner! I’m sure she will enjoy these as much as I do.  


I also added some new nurse figurines to my hutch. 




This photo is about 100 years old! My maternal grandmother at around age 16 with her mother, my great grandmother! 

Anyway, here are all of the new nurse figurines (not Hummels):



*This one is a Hummel, also posted above with the Hummels. 






This next one was made the same year I graduated high school 40 years ago! I’m not sure of the value of the Lefton trademark overall but they seem rather popular. Two of my other nurse figurines have the Lefton trademark too. 








The next two figurines have the Lefton trademark, too: 





And this new non-nurse figurine was added to my hutch as well! Love this cute and patriotic motorcycle bear!


By the way, in case you’re wondering, the stuffed animals on top of the hutch (I know, they don’t quite fit in with the decor) were from many years ago when we had our previous dogs, Kango (black lab) and Hunter (golden/yellow lab mix). Kango died at the age of 14 in 2013 and Hunter (golden/yellow lab retriever mix) died in 2016 just a few months before he would have turned 16. The fluffy white cat stuffed animal represents my cat, Tuckerman, or “Tuck” who died in 2007. He was not a pure breed but had fluffy long white fur, blue eyes and little bits of tan fur on the tips of his ears, face and tail. He was a beautiful cat! And the Harley coyote  was made at Build A Bear in San Antonio, Texas during a trip to visit my sister and her family! So these stuffed animals have sentimental value. But my desk and hutch hold many items that have sentimental value. 

These two stuffed dogs represent Kango and Hunter, below. 






This stuffed cat represents Tuck, below. 




And my coyote from Build A Bear in San Antonio, Texas: 





Comments

  1. Very nice corner of memorabilia. You did a fine job displaying it all too. Great Hummel's for the value too. For a minute there, I thought that was a photo of the paternal Grandmother and her Mother. I don't have anything quite like this myself. Mostly photos and artwork from the kids as they were growing up. All of those memories are packed into two small office-sized boxes and tucked away in the far corner of my master closet for all of the kids later on. Everything looks perfect in your home. Enjoy it all. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TY so much, Sis! The photo is of Nana with her mother, our great grandmother. Martha wanted me to have it due to lack of roads in her studio apartment. And she can see it anytime she comes to visit, along with all of the other items she gave me aside from this desk and hutch; the items in the curio cabinet. I would have liked to give you more things aside from the China dish set but it’s so costly to ship them and the risk of breaking them is too high, especially the beleek, which is extremely thin and breakable! I’m amazed that none of the beleek has no chips or cracks and got through her move with boxing. I boxed it all myself and packaged it up so carefully! I definitely overdid it! But I’m so glad I did! But it’s just not worth the risk to ship it! The boxes these items were in when packed were handled with extreme care, which typically doesn’t happen during shipping, even when marked as fragile! But maybe the next time you come to visit I’ll give some to you to take home with you if you think you can get it home safely. Love you! 💕❤️

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Too Much Rain!

Deck Work

Christmas Decorating in Progress!