Window Bird Feeder!


I just hung my new window bird feeder! I had the exact same one previously. In fact, my sister gave it to me for Christmas! She must have done a lot of research to find a good one because the suction cups never let go on this feeder, and the feeder itself lasted for a few years! That is, until a HUGE squirrel started hanging out on it! See details, below! The weight of the squirrel eventually caused the suction cups to release and when the feeder, with the squirrel still in it, crashed down to the ground, it broke! I kept trying to scare him away but he didn’t care that I was there! Not one bit! And I didn’t want to take it down and deprive my little feathered friends who frequented it between the squirrel’s visits there! In hindsight, I should have removed it until the squirrel stopped looking for it. And this is what I plan to do if any squirrels decide to try to take over it again! 

I wanted to wait until the warmer weather was here to hang it up since suction cups typically don’t do well in the cold months when it comes to just the initial installation. But once hung up, these suction cups will hold year round! It’s just that you want to do the initial installation during warmer weather. It got up to the mid 70’s today and it was nice and sunny out too. Perfect day to install it! I can’t wait gif my feathered friends to see it and stop by for some treats as I work! I work from home and I sit right next to this window in my home office! It usually only takes the birds a day or two to find it. 

In the past, I have had so many various breeds of birds visit here! It’s so fun to watch them! I have too many photos and videos on my phone, which made it challenging to locate a even just a few photos and videos for this blog! Looking forward to this again! 

The following photos and videos were taken previously with the old feeder in place. But, like I said, I got the same exact feeder and will post more blogs with new photos and videos as I’m able to obtain them! Enjoy! 






And my buddy squirrel who broke my first window bird feeder! Funny, yes; but not funny that shortly after these photos, my old window bird feeder was history! 









And a few videos! 







Comments

  1. I am so glad you love it so much and continue to enjoy it after several years of use! : ) I loved all of the pictures and video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s awesome! I love seeing the birds visit as I work! TY, Sis!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Too Much Rain!

Deck Work

Christmas Decorating in Progress!